Wednesday 11 September 2019

My Love for Books!!! Actual Paper Books!

I absolutely LOVE books, real books made from real paper! Physically holding them and turning the pages is wonderful and a must for the experience of reading.  Well, yesterday I was over the moon when I scored a very large box of books that a lady in town was giving away.  In that box of books was Chaucer, Homer, The Yale Shakespeare completer works - Annotated!   My old English degree heart skipped a beat to be able to have these treasures again. There were also Celestine Prophecy, Eat Pray Love, and some good, juicy crime novels.  I'm so, so excited to sink my teach in, because I think that finally, after all these years I might be able to get through a novel without falling asleep.

The last novel I could get through was truly, 14 years ago. Since my son was born I have fallen asleep through every single novel. I've been able to make it through some spiritual handbooks and self-help stuff, but anything else has eluded me and  I've missed it very very much. 

I've been reading Stargate S.G. 1 - the novel as my fun, guilty pleasure to get me back into the swing of things and its a super fun read.  It's so nice to get back into something I used to love so much.  Oh, I also have To Kill A Mockingbird waiting in the wings.

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. At the moment, I'm reading "French Exit" by the Canadian author Patrick DeWitt. It's a comedy of sorts about a wealthy eccentric mother and son who go bankrupt and move to Paris in an attempt to live more cheaply.

    ReplyDelete