Monday 5 August 2019

A Very Long Time Ago....

....I used to have a blog on Blogger called Adventures of a Happy Life and I wrote about my then very young son and husband and our new life in Alberta, Canada. A long time ago, it feels like, I also closed that blog as I felt that chapter of my writing journey was closing for various reasons that are now long gone and thank God they are.

Well...It wasn't closed so I'm back! Beth Metcalf aka AlbertaMama is back to write, share, laugh, cry, & just be as authentically me as possible.

I'm a little greyer, a lot healthier in some ways and I think a smidge wiser than I once was.  There's also less bullshit and more confidence!

A little bit about me...I'm an almost 40 year old mom of an amazing teenage boy who is my life's best achievement and gift. I'm a committed wife, friend, & lover of a husband who's uncouth, funny, kind, & rough around all those wonderful edges. I'm a sister, daughter, an outside the mainstream box christian, yoga enthusiast, hiker, fisher, knitter, baker, hemiplegic migraine warrior, homemaker, prepper, animal whisperer, badass goddess lady, sort of gardener, essential oils novice, and so so much more that I'm still discovering.

In this blog you'll read swear words and words of faith, sometimes together and sometimes not. You'll read and see things about hunting, firearms, politics, religion, alternative medicine, and anything and everything possibly considered controversial. You'll be offended by my complexity or not offended at all. Basically, you are welcome to join me on my adventure of living this happy life I'm still creating, but if you are negative, toxic, or otherwise snowflakey then feel free to stop reading right now. I'm happy to answer questions and have discussions, but I'm also sporadically a touch perimenopausal so I won't hesitate to tell you to fuck off if you piss me off. I no longer waste my time on trying to be nice or prove myself to others... also won't hesitate to wish you God Bless too.  That's me...like me or leave me...no seriously...if you don't like it, leave. I'm too busy choosing happiness to coddle anyone's sensibilities.

So, with that...thanks for joining me as I re-begin chronicling my Adventures Of A Happy Life!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth! So glad you're back in the blogosphere again! I've been wondering how you were getting on. A couple of months My Rare One and I were kicking around Airdrie for an afternoon and I thought of you then -- glad to hear you're still in Airdrie. And your son is a teenager now? Holy moly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Debra! We've been doing pretty great amd Airdrie is most definitely still agreeing with us. I'm so glad to be back in the blog world and writing again and reading your blog again. Looks like you and Your Rare One are still having some grand adventures in Edmonton.

      Teenagerhood from the mom side has been quite the adjustment as I let go more and more. Hubbs has been working hard providing and I've been learning who I am now as I have more time for me again. It's been a pretty wild ride

      Delete