Monday 12 August 2019

Craving Fruits and Veggies

A few months ago I got a lot more serious about filling my body with real food and less processed stuff. It's always hard to make the switch at first, because it's like my body gets angry when I do nice things for it. My body rebels against me taking away apple turnovers and replacing them with fresh fruit, but that rebellion doesn't last long once the new, healthy habits take root.

Well, I'd say they're taking root, because last week, instead of craving carbs and sweets I began craving fruit and vegetables instead. I stuck with healthy choices and I beat out my body's natural rebellions! Yes! Now, all she wants and craves is healthy choices like my homemade salads with many leafy greens, veg, & meat and my homemade sugar free vinaigrette. All she craves for desserts is fruit and berries exactly as God made them with nothing added. Its wonderful!!!

Beef burgers made from scratch with homemade burger sauce, greens, homemade pickles and fresh summer fruit for dessert



A shit ton o'greens with shredded carrots, cucumbers, wild harvested venison w/Greek marinade and my homemade vinaigrette. I eat variations of this almost every single day and it's so so delicious and nutritious.


Change isn't easy, but sticking it out has been completely worth the mood swings and the feeling of being deprived. I'm not feeling deprived or anything negative anymore, in fact, quite the opposite.  I'm feeling stronger and fulfilled from fresh food.

I always thought healthier choices were important, I mean who doesn't, right?! But I never thought I'd actually be able to enjoy the choice of healthy eating. Does this mean that I'll never ever have a slice of cake...ummm...hells no! But it does mean that I'm making positive choices which is all part of my living wellness journey and there's nothing but good in that, even when there's cake mixed in.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge salad eater but I love the Napoli Salad at Famoso's Pizza! It has chickpeas as its protein and the dressing (oil/vinegar based) is delicious!

    ReplyDelete