Thursday 8 August 2019

Exploring New Horizon Mall

After chatting with my son about me  blogging again and getting permission to include details of him when we do thing together, I shall now announce that Morgan aka KoasterRider joined me yesterday on our excursion to explore the New Horizon Mall in Balzac.  It opened last year and as a different format and style of mall has taken some time to get more vendors and stores.

At first, I truly had zero clue what to expect as I'd heard so many different opinions. KoasterRider and I pulled into the parking lot that was maybe 1/4 full, if that, but I thought hey, that's still an improvement from last year.


When we walked in the front doors we found many of the stores still empty.



And then...Then we were pulled in by the owner of Honey Vista! A fantastic store that sells many varieties of local raw honey along with skin care products made with honey or  bees wax. They also carry a line of herbal products and locally made essential oils. I was in sheer heaven with this place. The proprietor has a gorgeous and inviting set up, samples for everything,  and is very knowledgeable about all the products available. I'd say the prices are also reasonable to local products and raw honey. Definitely worth our drive and I'll for sure shop there again. My budget was a little limited this trip so I only picked up a smallish honey for $10, but I have a mental list of the few items I'm definitely going back to buy.

The rest of the mall had a handful of stores under construction and a few that looked ready to go, but weren't open yet. There was also a number of open clothing stores with absolutely gorgeous saris and some with Chinese dresses. I felt so at home there, as I grew up frequenting stores in Toronto's  Chinatown and Little India. It was so refreshing to be in a mall that had more options that the typical big chain stores!

I have high Hope's for New Horizon Mall! I can't hardly wait for it to get filled up with more shop owners and vendors who offer a wide range of products and items. I'm definitely going to be a regular shopper! I think the more of us who go there will show new shop owners that it's totally worth putting the time and effort in to make a go of this great mall!

My only disappointment, that truly sucked, was that the Prairie Horizon Fresh Market doesn't look even remotely close to opening yet and it was scheduled to open this summer to early fall. I'm waiting with anticipation for this....stay tuned







2 comments:

  1. Yes, I've heard of this mall but didn't realize it was in Balzac. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in that area, although who knows when that will be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By then it'll probably have many more stores and food joints. Totally worth a stop in

      Delete