Thursday 29 August 2019

Why is Twitter so Vicious?!

I'm thinking I'm just going to delete my Twitter account again. It's such a vicious place filled with personal attacks and constant negative energy.y Facebook isn't like that and neither is my Instagram. On those 2 platforms I have more control of the content and complete control over who can resond to my shit.

Twitter? Nope, not like that at all. Twitter is like this vast abis of everyones opinions that are then left wide open like emotional fodder for anyone and everyone's massive ego trip. I tried to "engage in the conversation",  because now that I'm trying blogging again I thouht it might be fun to go back to Twitter too. Nope...not fun. I hate to constant jabbing and way people are treating each other. It's awful! Like, honestly what the actual fuck is the point of that? It seems like it's a breading ground for anxiety and online addiction. Not cool!

Through writing this, I've decided I'm deleting my Twitter and sticking with the platforms where I can control my content to Brooke Hampton and Brene Brown.

If any of my readers feel like following me you can find my blog page on Facebook. I share my posts there and sometimes share inspiring quotes that I find on other Facebook pages where proper credit to the author's given. I just want a happy life where I can share some of that happiness with others. I'm thankful that this writing process has shown me that Twitter doesn't cut the mustard.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been on Twitter and I'm not about to start now! You're right -- life's too short for that kind of negativity and BS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1st time I had Twitter I enjoyed the negativity and arguing, but then I quit the social media game completely for a few months and without all that noise I became calmer. I tried it a 2nd time and ... nope...no go. I just can't do the constant negativity anymore. I think I'm better for deleting it completely late last night

      Delete